Saturday 9 November 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 9, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Norrie McArthur and Jacques Colombier.
Pan-American Exposition by Night, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1901!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1901 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Us, Pretty Ladies - Dan Quinn
- Good Morning, Carrie - Dan W. Quinn