Monday 25 November 1901
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 25, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolf Höss and Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania).
William Tell, directed by Jonathan Haswell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 November 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1901!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1901 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Rudolf Höss: German soldier and Nazi partisan who served as commandant of the Auschwitz extermination camp (1940–45), during a period when as many as 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 inmates perished there.
- Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania)
- Tibor Serly: Losonc, Hungary -- Violinist / composer (American Elegy).
- Arthur Liebehenschel: Polish-born German concentration camp commandant (d. 1948).
- Josef Gabriel Rheinberger: German Composer / music theorist, dies at 62.