Wednesday 11 December 1901
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1901). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include MARC-CAB .
The Artist's Dilemma, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1901 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Marconi sends first transatlantic radio signal, Cornwall to Newfoundland.