Wednesday 11 November 1925, Veteran's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jonathan Winters and June Whitfield.
Galloping On, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1925 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Jonathan Winters: American comedian, a master of mimicry.
- June Whitfield: English actress and singer.
- John Guillermin: English-American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2015).
- Richard Burton: Actor.
- Jonathan Winters in Dayton: Ohio, USA; comedian (Jonathan Winters Show, Mork and Mindy).
- Night of Kersten - Colijn Dutch government falls by SGP-amendement
- Louis Armstrong records first of Hot Five and Hot Seven recordings.
- Robert Millikan announces discovery of cosmic rays.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sentimental Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra (Knickerbockers)
- Yes Sir, That's My Baby - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra