Friday 11 December 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Hoover and Aaron Feuerstein.
The Plastic Age, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1925 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Dick Hoover: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher for the Boston Red Sox for one season, playing two games on 16 and 23 April 1952.
- Aaron Feuerstein: American businessman and philanthropist.
- Paul Greengard: American neuroscientist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- James Sullivan: American politician (d. 2012).
- Pope Pius XI publishes encyclical Quas Primas
- Roman Catholic papal encyclical Quas Primas introduces the Feast of Christ the King.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 December 1925
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Manhattan - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?