Tuesday 24 November 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William F Buckley and Alun Owen.
Free to Love, directed by Frank O'Connor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1925 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- William F Buckley
- Alun Owen: North, Wales -- Writer (Hard Days Night) / actor (Servant).
- William Buckley: American writer, chief editor of "National Review," publisher, syndicated newspaper columnist and host of TV talk-show "Firing Line," called the "scourge of American liberalism.
- Simon van der Meer: Dutch-Swiss physicist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
- 1st radio-broadcast of Dutch KRO (Catholic Radio Broadcast)
- The silent film ''Hussar of the Dead'' is released in Santiago de Chile.