Tuesday 24 November 1925
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 24, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William F Buckley and Alun Owen.
Stage Struck, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 November 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1925 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- William F Buckley
- Alun Owen: North, Wales -- Writer (Hard Days Night) / actor (Servant).
- William Buckley: American writer, chief editor of "National Review," publisher, syndicated newspaper columnist and host of TV talk-show "Firing Line," called the "scourge of American liberalism.
- Simon van der Meer: Dutch-Swiss physicist and engineer Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
- 1st radio-broadcast of Dutch KRO (Catholic Radio Broadcast)
- The silent film ''Hussar of the Dead'' is released in Santiago de Chile.