Thursday 11 November 1926, Veteran's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Scott and Harry Lumley.
Poil de carotte, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1926 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- William Scott: American politician, Republican Illinois State Treasurer from 1963 to 1967.
- Harry Lumley: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1926).
- Maria de Filippis: Italian race car driver (d. 2016).
- Eddie Collins is released as White Sox manager
- U.S. Route 66 is established.
- ''U.S. Route 66'' is established.
- The ''NBC'' radio network opens with 24 stations (formed by Westinghouse, General Electric and RCA).
- The Balfour Declaration is approved by the 1926 Imperial Conference, making the Commonwealth dominions equal and independent.
- The village of Rocquebillier in the French Riviera is almost destroyed in a massive hailstorm.
- Sri Aurobindo retires, leaving ''The Mother'' to run the Sri Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry, India.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 November 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?