Sunday 1 November 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Didier-Léon Marchand .
The Eagle, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1925!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1925 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Didier-Léon Marchand: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop Emeritus of Valencia since 2001.
- VARA, Vereniging van Workers Radio Amateurs forms in Amsterdam
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bessie Smith - Careless Love Blues
- Angry - Art Gillham
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?