Tuesday 11 October 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 11, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Confidence Men by Ron Suskind was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bastion or American cover art.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 11 October 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 October
- China follows Russian admonishment of the Syrian government while the opposition Syrian National Council gains support in Egypt and is recognized by Libya. (CNN)
- The Senate of the United States passes the Currency Exchange Rate Oversight Reform Act of 2011 designed to press the People's Republic of China to raise the value of the Renminbi. (Reuters)
- A measure to support expansion of the eurozone bailout fund is halted due to its failure to pass in the Parliament of Slovakia. (Market Watch via ''The Australian'')
- Jaguar Financial Corp. claims that it has the support of 8% of the shareholders of Research in Motion in its campaign for corporate-governance changes at the Canada-based manufacturer of the BlackBerry. (Press Release)
- Hurricane Jova crosses the western coast of Mexico northwest of the port of Manzanillo, Colima, at Category 2 strength. (Bloomberg)
- An oil spill from the ship off the coast of Tauranga in New Zealand becomes the country's worst environmental disaster. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- The Cabinet of Israel approves a prisoner swap deal with Hamas for the release of the Israeli Army soldier Gilad Shalit, who had been held in captivity for five years. In exchange, Israel agrees to release a thousand Palestinian prisoners held in Israel, among them hundreds of prisoners serving multiple life sentences for planning and perpetrating murderous attacks against Israeli civilians. (Ynet)
- Yulia Tymoshenko, the former Prime Minister of Ukraine, is jailed for seven years for exceeding her powers by entering a gas deal with Russia. (BBC)
- The bodies of 12 Chinese sailors have been found and one remains missing in Mekong river, where Thailand, Laos and Myanmar meet, after the incident last week in which two Chinese cargo vessels were hijacked by suspected drug smugglers in the Golden Triangle, and later captured by Thai river police. (''The New York Times'')
- The US Federal Bureau of Investigation and Drug Enforcement Administration claim to have disrupted an alleged terrorist plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador and bombings of the Saudi and Israeli embassies in Washington DC with possible links to Iran. (BBC)
- Voters in Liberia go to the polls for a general election with current President and recent Nobel Peace Prize laureate Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf facing a tight race. (Reuters)
- Myanmar's tightly controlled state newspapers call for a political amnesty indicating that reforms may soon be announced by President Thein Sein with the National Human Rights Commission recommending the pardon of some 6000 plus ampquotprisoners of conscienceampquot . (AP via Google News)
- Voters in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador go to the polls for general election with the Progressive Conservative Party winning its third straight majority and its leader Kathy Dunderdale becoming the first woman elected as Premier of the province. (CTV)
- In the Yukon Territory voters re-elect the Yukon Party under Premier Darrell Pasloski, with an NDP official opposition. (CBC)
- President of the United States Barack Obama's ampquotjobs billampquot stalls in the Senate. (Politico)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 October 2011
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Alfreton Town - Lincoln : 1 - 3
- Bath City - Cambridge : 3 - 4
- Ebbsfleet - Luton : 2 - 2
- Fleetwood Town - Newport County : 1 - 4
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- Quickie - Miguel
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Frio - Ricky Martin
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- You - Romeo Santos
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Tonight - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Sail - AWOLNATION
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $40.60
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $91.42
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.62
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $25.59
- 1 CHF = 7.0226 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.1974 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.882 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.353 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?