Tuesday 12 April 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Southwood Morcott .
Test Pilot, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1938 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Southwood Morcott: American merchandise marketer and CEO of Dana, an auto and truck parts manufacturing company.
- Feodor Chaliapine: Russian Author (Man & Mark), dies at 65.
- 1st US law requiring medical tests for marriage licenses (NY)
- Stanley Cup: Chicago Blackhawks beat Toronto Maple Leafs, 3 games to 1
- US began requiring medical tests for marriage licenses
- First US law requiring medical tests (syphilis test) for marriage licenses (New York).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Love to Whistle - Fats Waller
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?