Thursday 12 April 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Doris EHP Baaten and Alexander Briley.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
The Swan, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telephone Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1956 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Doris EHP Baaten: Dutch actress (Sesame Street, Fien).
- Alexander Briley: vocalist (Village People - "YMCA").
- Herbert Grönemeyer: German musician and actor, popular in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Tama Janowitz: American novelist and writer of magazine articles, a contemporary hip and trendy New York underground figure whose works show the alchemy of a fantastic, post-modern surrealism.
- Andy Garcia: Cuban-born actor.
- Andy García: Cuban-American actor singer director and producer
- Bandaranaike government forms in Ceylon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?