Thursday 12 April 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 12, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andy García and Michel Neyret.
In UK The Poor People Of Paris by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
A Kiss Before Dying, directed by Gerd Oswald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Love Or Perish by Smiley Blanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chirorin mura to kurumi no ki.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1956!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1956 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Andy García: Cuban-American actor singer director and producer.
- Michel Neyret
- Herbert Grönemeyer: German musician and actor, popular in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Tama Janowitz: American novelist and writer of magazine articles, a contemporary hip and trendy New York underground figure whose works show the alchemy of a fantastic, post-modern surrealism.
- Walter Salles: Director.
- Andy Garcia: Cuban-born actor.
- Doris EHP Baaten: Dutch actress (Sesame Street, Fien).
- Alexander Briley: vocalist (Village People - "YMCA").
- Mike Bouchard: Politician.
- Bandaranaike government forms in Ceylon.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?