Tuesday 26 April 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Duane Eddy in Phoenix and Wolf Kahler.
International Crime, directed by Charles Lamont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1938 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Duane Eddy in Phoenix: Arizona, USA; guitarist ("Peter Gunn", "Cannonball").
- Wolf Kahler: German actor.
- Nino Benvenuti: Italian Olympic and World Boxing champion.
- Duane Eddy: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor.
- Willie Wood: Scottish bowler.
- Edmund Husserl: German philosopher (study of phenomenon), dies at age 79.
- Austrian Jews required to register property above 5,000 Reichsmarks.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?