Wednesday 12 April 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Moureaux and Alan Ayckbourn.
Blind Alley, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1939 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Philippe Moureaux: Belgian politician, senator, former mayor of Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, and professor of economic history at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alan Ayckbourn: English director and playwright.
- Johnny Raper: Australian rugby league footballer.