Sunday 17 April 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Dilks and Kerry Wendell Thornley.
International Crime, directed by Charles Lamont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1938 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- David Dilks: vice-chancellor (Hull University).
- Kerry Wendell Thornley: co-founder of Discordianism.
- Ruth White: British healer and a counselor as well as the author of the "Gildas" books.
- Ben Barnes: American businessman and politician 36th Lieutenant Governor of Texas.
- Doug Lewis: Canadian lawyer and politician 41st Canadian Minister of Justice.
- Ronald Miller: American theologian author and academic (d. 20111)
- Kerry Thornley: American theorist and author (d. 1988)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?