Thursday 28 April 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Carlough and Beverly F Albert.
International Crime, directed by Charles Lamont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 April 1938 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Tommy Carlough: American musician who played and sang in piano bars from the age of 17, pro for the next 20 years.
- Beverly F Albert: Architect.
- Fred Dibnah: English steeplejack and television personality (d. 2004).
- Madge Sinclair: Kingston, Jamaica -- Actress (Bell-Roots, Trapper John).
- King Zog of Albania marries Countess Geraldine of Hungary.
- The towns of Dana, Enfield, Greenwich, and Prescott in Massachusetts are disincorporated to make way for the Quabbin Reservoir.
- The Vatican recognizes Franco's government in Spain.
- General Ludwig Beck, Chief of the German Army's General Staff, submits a memorandum to Hitler opposing ''Fall Grün'' (Case Green), the plan for a war with Czechoslovakia, under the grounds that Germany is ill-prepared for the world war likely to result from such an attack.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?