Monday 4 April 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Parks in Corona and A Bartlett Giamatti.
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1938!
Which were the important events of 4 April 1938 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Michael Parks in Corona: California, USA; actor (Then Came Bronson).
- A Bartlett Giamatti: American university president and Commissioner of Baseball (d. 1989).
- A Bartlett Giamatti in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; president of Yale/baseball commissioner (1989).
- Peter Attenborough: British headmaster (Charterhouse).
- Scilla Gabel: Italian film, television and stage actress, who appeared in 50 films between 1954 and 1982.
- 5th Golf Masters Championship: Henry Picard wins, shooting a 285.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 April 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?