Monday 4 April 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Émile Daems and Johan van der Keuken.
Flash Gordon's Trip to Mars, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Boat Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 April 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 April 1938 ?
- Blessed Alice (d. 1105)
- Saint Hildebert of Ghent (died 752)
- Lesotho - Heroes' Day
- Taiwan and Hong Kong - Children's Day
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- World Rat Day
- Saint Isidore of Seville, patron saint of the internauts
- International Day for Landmine Awareness and Assistance
- Émile Daems
- Johan van der Keuken
- A Bartlett Giamatti: American university president and Commissioner of Baseball (d. 1989).
- A Bartlett Giamatti in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; president of Yale/baseball commissioner (1989).
- Peter Attenborough: British headmaster (Charterhouse).
- Scilla Gabel: Italian film, television and stage actress, who appeared in 50 films between 1954 and 1982.
- Jerome Christ: France sport Champion.
- A Giamatti: American businessman and academic (d. 1989).
- Michael Parks in Corona: California, USA; actor (Then Came Bronson).
- 5th Golf Masters Championship: Henry Picard wins, shooting a 285.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?