Thursday 12 April 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 12, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Jong-wook and Hilary Nicolle.
The Horn Blows at Midnight, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 April 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 12 April 1945 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Lee Jong-wook: South Korean physician and diplomat (d. 2006).
- Hilary Nicolle: Educationist.
- Jean-Pierre Davant: French business leader, who served from June 1992 to 14 December 2010 as president of mutualité française, a group of mutual health organizations in France.
- Yves Chauveau
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: 32nd US President (1933-1945, Democrat), dies of a cerebral hemorrhage in Warm Springs, Georgia, USA, at age 63.
- Richard Strauss completes his Metamorphosis
- US liberates Buchenwald concentration camp
- Canadian troops liberate German concentration camp Westerbork, Netherlands.
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt dies while in office; vice-president Harry Truman is sworn in as the 33rd President.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1945 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- All of My Life - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Woody Herman & His Orchestra - Laura
- Freddy Martin & His Orchestra - Dream
- Laura - Jerry Wald & His Orchestra
- Just a Prayer Away - Bing Crosby with Ethel Smith (Organ)
- My Dreams are Getting Better All the Time - Johnny Long & His Orchestra