Monday 12 March 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabriel Mendez and Louis Laros Dutch soccer player (Willem II.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Crazies, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lizzie Dripping.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1973 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Gabriel Mendez: Australian soccer midfielder (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Louis Laros Dutch soccer player (Willem II: Vitesse).
- Antonio Banks: cornerback (Minnesota Vikings).
- Keif Bryant: NFL defensive end (Seattle Seahawks).
- March 12 - Last episode of original quotLaugh-Inquot airs on NBC. The show would continue with re-runs until May 14, 1973.
- Elizabeth II opens the modern London Bridge.
- Many of the few remaining United States soldiers begin to leave Vietnam. One reunion of a former POW with his family is immortalized in the Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph ''Burst of Joy''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 March 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?