Sunday 12 August 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 12, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Nouvel and Bernard Accoyer.
Divorce, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 August 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1945 ?
- Jean Nouvel: French architect who designed the World Arab Institute in Paris (completed in 1987), the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis, MN, and the Musée du Quai Branly, both in 2006.
- Bernard Accoyer: French politician, a doctor by profession, who was President of the National Assembly of France from 2007 to 2012.
- Gayan Winter: Czech writer, a teacher, lecturer and author of "When the Heart is Free," 1984.
- Michel-Georges Micberth
- Giancarlo Cito: Italian politician, the former mayor of Taranto and a Member of Parliament since April 1996.
- Fife Symington III
- Ron Mael: American keyboard player and songwriter (Sparks and Halfnelson).
- Dorothy Denning: American computer scientist and academic.
- André Villeger: French jazz saxophonist (soprano, tenor, baritone).
- Fife Symington: American politician, elected Arizona's 19th governor and taking office on 3/06/1991, a two-term Republican and the second Arizona governor in a decade to be forced out of office by scandal.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On the Atchison, Topeka, and the Santa Fe - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Good, Good, Good (That's You-That's You) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra