Saturday 12 August 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Iris Berben and Jacky Mamou.
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Little Princesses by Marion Crawford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1950 ?
- Iris Berben: German actress and comedienne known for TV comedies.
- Jacky Mamou: French physician who served from 1996 to 2000 as president of 'Médecins du Monde' or Doctors of the World, an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
- George McGinnis: American athlete, who began his professional basketball career in 1971 and played seven seasons, primarily for Indiana.
- Jim Beaver: American actor and writer.
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Humani generis
- New York Giants (NFL) beat Ottawa Roughriders (Canadian Football League) 20-6 in Ottawa, Canada.
- Korean War: Bloody Gulch massacre.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Can Anyone Explain? (No, No, No!) - Ames Brothers
- Red Foley & Ernest Tubb - Goodnight, Irene
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?