Sunday 27 August 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Fleischer in Washington DC and Cynthia Potter.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1950 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Charles Fleischer in Washington DC: USA; comedian (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?).
- Cynthia Potter: United States -- Springboard diver (1976 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Charles Fleischer: American comedian actor and singer.
- Neil Murray: Scottish bass player and songwriter (Whitesnake Black Sabbath Colosseum II and Gogmagog).
- Edmund Weiner: English lexicographer and author.
- Cesare Pavese: Italian writer, a novelist, critic and poet with a tormented personality.
- 1st transmission of a TV program from continental Europe shown on BBC
- General Foods blacklists Jean Muir of Aldrich Family as a communist.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 August 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?