Sunday 13 August 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rusty Gerhardt .
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Seeds Of Treason by Ralph de Toledano and Victor Lasky was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1950 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Rusty Gerhardt: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA World Golf Championship
- President Truman gives military aid to Vietnamese regime Bao-Dai
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Can Anyone Explain? (No, No, No!) - Ames Brothers
- Red Foley & Ernest Tubb - Goodnight, Irene
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?