Tuesday 22 August 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lewis Libby and Scooter Libby.
No Way Out, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Bizarre Sisters by Jay Walz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gene Autry Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1950
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 22 August 1950. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1950 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Lewis Libby: American White House Chief of Staff for George W. Bush.
- Teresa Davis: Rocker.
- Scooter Libby: American lawyer and political aide, he is perhaps best known for his involvement in the 2003 leakage of t an undercover CIA agent's name to the press.
- Leopold Stokowski: American noted family, the son of Leopold Stokowski and Gloria Vanderbilt.
- Nicolas Tavernost: French business leader, the chief executive of the M6 television channel since 26 May 2000.
- Ray Burris: American baseball player and coach.
- Kirk Bryan: American geologist and academic (d. 1950).
- Abdel Rehim swims English Channel (10:50)
- Althea Gibson becomes the first black competitor in international tennis.
- Rotterdam harbor strike end
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary Seminary is founded in Tagbilaran City, Philippines.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?