Tuesday 29 August 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Spring and Mark McHale.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 August 1950 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Dick Spring: Irish former attorney, politician and head of the Labour Party as of April 1990.
- Mark McHale: WLAF offensive line coach (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Michael : American bishop.
- Doug DeCinces: American baseball player.
- Frank Henenlotter: American director and screenwriter.
- Dave Reichert: American soldier and politician.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?