Friday 4 August 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madame Heutniger and Michael Lane.
Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while John Adams And The American Revolution by Catherine Drinker Bowen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Innocents Abroad.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1950 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Madame Heutniger
- Michael Lane: American publisher and co-founder of the whimsical travel magazine, "Monk.
- Caldwell Jones: American basketball player and coach (d. 2014).
- John Landis: Actor.
- N Rangaswamy: Indian lawyer and politician 9th Chief Minister of Puducherry.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?