Saturday 12 December 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Metz and Lionel Blair.
The Devil Plays, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1931 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Christian Metz: French film semiotician and theorist who is concerned with the nature of cinematic language and how films produce meanings.
- Lionel Blair: British actor, choreographer, tap dancer and television presenter.
- Japanese Government of Imukai forms.