Wednesday 2 December 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Meese and Edwin Meese.
Arrowsmith, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 December 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 December 1931 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Ed Meese
- Edwin Meese: American Attorney General, appointed by President Reagan in 1984, becoming one of the most political and controversial attorney generals of modern times.
- Emile Van Cauter: Belgium sport Champion.
- Nigel Calder: English journalist author and screenwriter (d. 2014).
- Masaaki Hatsumi: Japanese martial artist and educator founded Bujinkan.
- Wynton Kelly: American pianist and composer (d. 1971).
- Vincent d'Indy: French composer (Born 1851).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?