Friday 25 December 1931, Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Uzo Egonu .
À Nous la Liberté, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Magic.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 25 December 1931 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Fleetwood-Smith takes 5-69 Victoria vs. Tas at Hobart
- Albert Lonergan scores 137 South Africa versus Queensland at Adelaide before 5,697.
- New York's Metropolitan Opera broadcasts an entire opera over radio.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?