Monday 28 December 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Debord and John de Mol.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Strange People.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1931
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1931 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Guy Debord: French writer and film director.
- Georg "Org" Marais: South African economist / underminister of Finance.
- John de Mol: Dutch vocalist / composer / producer.
- Jean Depierris: France Writer.
- Martin Milner: TV Actor.
- Lin-Sen succeeds Chiang Kai-shek as President of Nanjing-China.