Monday 14 December 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rene Picandet and Frank Shrontz.
Tonight or Never, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Grand Hotel by Vicki Baum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1931 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Rene Picandet: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Bishop; he was ordained a priest on April 3, 1961.
- Frank Shrontz: American administrative sales and CEO of Boeing, the nations largest manufacturer of military and commercial aircraft with a large back log of orders (1,700).
- Jon Elia: Pakistani scholar, poet and philosopher (Born 1931).
- Vladimir-Georg Karassev-Orgusaar: Estonian director and politician (d. 2015).
- 1st assembly of Anton Musserts NSB in Utrecht
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?