Tuesday 8 December 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry J Williams and Charles Carter.
Arrowsmith, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1931
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1931 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Jerry J Williams
- Rudolf Komorous: Composer.
- Charles Carter: American dancer, first professional performance 1951.
- Jerry Williams: American attorney and astrologer, a lawyer from 1962 with a practice in San Diego, CA, noted in "Who's Who In American Law.
- Bob Arum: American boxing promoter founded Top Rank.
- Coaxial cable patented.
- Jane Addams became the first American woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Niceto Alcalá-Zamora is elected president of the Spanish Republic.