Tuesday 8 December 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolf Komorous and Charles Carter.
Arrowsmith, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Grand Hotel by Vicki Baum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1931 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Rudolf Komorous: Composer.
- Charles Carter: American dancer, first professional performance 1951.
- Jerry Williams: American attorney and astrologer, a lawyer from 1962 with a practice in San Diego, CA, noted in "Who's Who In American Law.
- Bob Arum: American boxing promoter founded Top Rank.
- Coaxial cable patented.
- Jane Addams became the first American woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Niceto Alcalá-Zamora is elected president of the Spanish Republic.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?