Tuesday 8 December 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 8, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jerry J Williams and Charles Carter.
The Devil Plays, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 December 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 8 December 1931 ?
- Malta - Public Holiday.
- Panama - Mother's Day
- Romania - Constitution Day
- Bulgaria - Day of the Student (studentski praznik)
- R.C. Saints - The solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary: a Holy Day of Obligation
- Italy - In Milan, the opera season starts.
- Buddhism - The Enlightenment of Gautama Buddha
- Afflux (50 Aftermath) (Discordianism)
- Jerry J Williams
- Rudolf Komorous: Composer.
- Charles Carter: American dancer, first professional performance 1951.
- Jerry Williams: American attorney and astrologer, a lawyer from 1962 with a practice in San Diego, CA, noted in "Who's Who In American Law.
- Bob Arum: American boxing promoter founded Top Rank.
- Coaxial cable patented.
- Jane Addams became the first American woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Niceto Alcalá-Zamora is elected president of the Spanish Republic.