Thursday 31 December 1931, NewYear’s Eve
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 31, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Fournet-Fayard and Michel Bernard.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Grace Voss.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 December 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1931 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Jean Fournet-Fayard: French pharmacist and administrative manager of St. Lipha, involved in the Furiani-Bastia case.
- Michel Bernard: French Field and Track champion, the winner of the 5,000 m. race at Rome, and the 1,500 m. race at Tokyo, 1964.
- Daniel P Matthews
- Ray Graves: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Rafe Mair: Canadian lawyer, political commentator and former radio personality.
- Bob Shaw: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Orbitsville, Ragged Astronauts, Vertigo).
- Daniel Matthews: American military, U.S.
- Serge Toreilles: France sport Champion.
- The Huang He floods kill between 850,000 and 4,000,000 people (the deadliest historic natural disaster).
- Ust-Abakanskoye becomes Abakan.
- The National Committee for Modification of the Volstead Act is formed to work for the repeal of prohibition in the United States.
- ''The Persistence of Memory'' is put on display for the first time in Paris at the Galerie Pierre Colle.