Sunday 12 December 1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Jackson and Françoise Panafieu.
3 Godfathers, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Morey Amsterdam Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1948 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Ray Jackson: Rocker.
- Françoise Panafieu: French politician, a member of the Union for a Popular Movement (UMP) party and mayor of the 17th arrondissement of Paris.
- Tom Wilkinson: Movie Actor.
- Malayan Emergency: Batang Kali Massacre : 14 members of the Scots Guards stationed in Malaysia allegedly massacre 24 unarmed civilians and set fire to the village.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 December 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?