Friday 12 December 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Silvia Baraldini and Josette Pons.
The Lady from Shanghai, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Howdy Doody Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1947 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Silvia Baraldini: Italian-American activist with the Black Panthers in 1969, a black extremist group.
- Josette Pons
- Will Alsop: English architect and academic designed the Cardiff Bay Visitor Centre.
- Wings Hauser: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Charles Palliser: Novelist.
- Chris Mullin: English journalist and politician.
- Hülya Koçyiğit: Turkish actress.
- Ralph Scala: Rocker.
- United Mine Workers union withdraws from AFL.
- The Iranian Royal Army takes back power in the Azerbaijan province.
- 21 December - 400,000 slaughtered during mass migration of Hindus and Muslims into the new states India and Pakistan.
- The Italian Constituent Assembly votes to accept the new Constitution of Italy.
- The first practical electronic transistor is demonstrated by Bardeen, Brattain, and Shockley of the United States.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Johnny Mercer - A Gal in Calico
- (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra