Wednesday 22 December 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lynne Thigpen in Joliet and Noel Edmonds.
Force of Evil, directed by Abraham Polonsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Perry Como's Kraft Music Hall.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1948 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Lynne Thigpen in Joliet: Illinois, USA; actress (Nancy - Love Sidney).
- Noel Edmonds: British TV personality (Foul-ups, Bleeps & Blunders).
- Steve Garvey: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Don Kardong: American runner journalist and author.
- Flip Mark: American actor.
- Rick Nielsen: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Cheap Trick Fuse and Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters)
- Chris Old: English cricketer and coach
- Lynne Thigpen: American actress and singer (d. 2003)
- Martin Yan: Chinese chef and author
- KPIX TV channel 5 in San Francisco, CA (CBS) begins broadcasting
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?