Monday 12 January 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Khalid Abdul Muhammed and Kenny Allen.
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1948 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Khalid Abdul Muhammed: American Nation of Islam spokesman (d. 2001).
- Kenny Allen: English footballer.
- Anthony Andrews: London, England -- Actor (Under the Volcano).
- Gordon Campbell: Canadian educator and politician 34th Premier of British Columbia.
- John Etheridge: English guitarist (Soft Machine).
- 1st Supermarket in the UK opens
- US Supreme Court decision (Sipuel vs. Oklahoma State Board of Regents)
- Mohandas Mahatma Gandhi begins his final fast.
- Mahatma Gandhi begins his fast-unto-death in Delhi, to stop the communal violence during the Partition of India.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Buddy Clark - Ballerina
- Too Fat Polka - Two-Ton Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?