Saturday 12 June 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre de Bousquet de Florian and Tineke Schouten.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Man with a Million, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Night Of The Hunter by Davis Grubb was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 June 1954 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Pierre de Bousquet de Florian
- Tineke Schouten: Dutch TV host.
- Neil Oatley: English engineer.
- Pierre Bousquet de Florian: French senior official, prefect.
- Thomas Demenga: Prominent swiss musician,cellist.
- Girl in Pink Tights closes at Mark Hellinger NYC after 115 performances
- 86th Belmont: Eric Guerin aboard High Gun wins in 2:30.8
- Milwaukee Braves' Jim Wilson no-hits Philadelphia Phillies, 2-0.
- Pope Pius XII canonises Dominic Savio, who was 14 years old at the time of his death, as a saint, making him the youngest non-martyr saint in the Roman Catholic Church.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?