Wednesday 30 June 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryn B Burrows and Stephen Barlow.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Mr. Sweeney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1954 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Bryn B Burrows: Rock drummer (Fabulous Poodles).
- Stephen Barlow: English organist composer and conductor.
- Pierre Charles: Dominican educator and politician 5th Prime Minister of Dominica (d. 2004).
- Serzh Sargsyan: Armenian politician 3rd President of Armenia.
- Wayne Swan: Australian academic and politician 14th Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.
- Largest check: Internal US Treasury check at $4,176,969,623.57
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?