Wednesday 9 June 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Byrne Bath England and George Perez.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Them!, directed by Gordon Douglas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1954 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Pete Byrne Bath England: Rocker (Naked Eyes).
- George Perez: American comic book artist.
- Edoardo Agnelli: Italian noted family member; Edoardo was the only son of Gianni; he was found dead at the age of 46 on November 15, 2000, a probable suicide.
- Paul Chapman: Welsh guitarist and songwriter (UFO Lone Star and Skid Row).
- Gregory Maguire: American author.
- Elizabeth May: American-Canadian environmentalist lawyer and politician
- George Pérez: American author and illustrator
- Joseph Welch asks Sen Joseph McCarthy Have you no sense of decency, sir? during Senate-Army hearings
- McCarthyism: Joseph Welch, special counsel for the United States Army, lashes out at Senator Joseph McCarthy during hearings on whether Communism has infiltrated the Army giving McCarthy the famous rebuke, ''You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?''
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?