Friday 12 June 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Skylynn Floyd .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Public Enemies, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Campfire Legends – The Hookman or Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 12 June 2009 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- A disputed presidential election in Iran leads to wide ranging protests in Iran and around the world.
- The head of the fourth largest coalition in the Iraqi parliament, Harith al-Obeidi, is assassinated in west Baghdad. (BBC)
- U.S. television stations complete their switch from analog to digital television. (''The Washington Times'')
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously votes to impose further sanctions on North Korea, following recent nuclear and missile tests. (BBC)
- Prominent Pakistani anti-Taliban cleric Sarfraz Naeemi is killed in a suspected suicide bomb attack at his Islamic religious school in Lahore. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Kingdom Foreign Secretary, David Miliband, is asked to explain how four Chinese detainees from Guantánamo Bay were released to Bermuda without the knowledge of Whitehall. (''The Guardian'')
- The world's first City of Film is announced by UNESCO, with Bradford beating competition from Los Angeles, Cannes and Venice. (''The Guardian'')
- Mombasa's courts are overwhelmed with Somali pirate trials some cases could be transferred to Nairobi. (''The Times'')
- India is to withdraw troops from Kashmir's towns and cities for the first time in 20 years. (UPI)
- Two Japanese citizens are detained in Italy after allegedly attempting to take $134 billion worth of U.S. bonds over the border into Switzerland starting the Chiasso financial smuggling case. (Bloomberg)
- Analog TV shuts down across USA (Wikipedia)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 June 2009
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?