Friday 12 June 1987
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abbey Lee and Seyi Ajirotutu.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Always by Atlantic Starr.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Roxanne, directed by Fred Schepisi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Ladies Of Missalonghi by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing China Warrior or The Fool's Errand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1987!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1987 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Abbey Lee: Model.
- Seyi Ajirotutu: American football player.
- Antonio Barragán: Spanish footballer.
- Abbey Kershaw: Australian model and actress.
- Kristjan Rand: Estonian ice dancer.
- During a visit to Berlin, Germany, U.S. President Ronald Reagan challenges Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall.
- The Central African Republic's former Emperor Jean-Bedel Bokassa is sentenced to death for crimes he had committed during his 13-year rule.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Genesis - In Too Deep
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Chris DeBurgh - The Lady In Red
- Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive
- Herb Alpert - Diamonds
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?