Tuesday 30 June 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melanie Hervey and Ryan O'Rourke.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Spaceballs, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Misery by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood the Golden Years: The RKO Story.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Asterix and the Magic Carpet or American Speedway.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1987!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1987 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Melanie Hervey: American noted family, the daughter of Vanessa Williams and her husband, Ramon Hervey II.
- Ryan O'Rourke: American car crash victim, O'Rourke had, just prior to his death, obtained his driver's license.
- Piques : Vine Star.
- Kripparrian : Twitch Star.
- Ryan Cook: American baseball player.
- Andrew Hedgman: New Zealand runner
- Emmy 14th Daytime Award presentation - Susan Lucci loses for 8th time
- Patrik Sjoberg of Sweden set a new world record in the high jump.
- The Royal Canadian Mint introduces the $1 coin, known as the Loonie.
- Canada introduces a one dollar coin, nicknamed the quotLooniequot.
- The Single European Act is passed by the European Community.
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan nominates former Solicitor General Robert Bork to the Supreme Court. The nomination is later rejected by the Senate, the first and only nominee rejection to date.
- In the Soviet Union, Vladimir Nikolayev is sentenced to death for cannibalism.
- Greater Manchester Police recover the body of 16-year-old Pauline Reade from Saddleworth Moor, after her killers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley helped them in their search, almost exactly 24 years since Pauline was last seen alive.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 June 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?