Tuesday 9 June 1987
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeffrey Curley and Timmy Trumpet.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Always by Atlantic Starr.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
The Witches of Eastwick, directed by George Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Misery by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vreme za pat.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Tiger or Frankenstein.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1987!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1987 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Jeffrey Curley: American homicide, a boy killed by sexual predators at the age of ten.
- Timmy Trumpet: DJ.
- Sofía Lama: Mexican actress.
- Jaan Mölder: Estonian race car driver.
- Rheagan Wallace: American actress and producer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Atlantic Starr - Always
- Kim Wilde - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Head To Toe
- Genesis - In Too Deep
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- Chris DeBurgh - The Lady In Red
- Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive
- Herb Alpert - Diamonds
- U2 - With Or Without You
- Smokey Robinson - Just To See Her
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?