Friday June 26, 1987
US date format: 6/26/1987, UK date format: 26/6/1987
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 26, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Samir Nasri and Alizée Poulicek.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Dung fong tuk ying, directed by Sammo Kam-Bo Hung, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fridolin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing City Bomber or Crazee Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 26, 1987?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- See more
- Supreme Court Justice Lewis F Powell Jr announces his retirement
- Losing 9-0 to Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees score 11 in third and win 12-11 in ten innings.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 26, 1987?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Herb Alpert - Diamonds
- Club Nouveau - Why You Treat Me So Bad
- Jody Watley - Still A Thrill
- Stephanie Mills - I Feel Good All Over
- Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- The Isley Brothers - Smooth Sailin' Tonight
- Jonathan Butler - Lies
- Nona Hendryx - Why Should I Cry?
- Regina Belle - Show Me The Way
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 26If June 26, 1987 is your birthday you're 33 years, 2 months, 27 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 4 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?