Monday 12 October 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Inglis and Abigail Kingsley Alling.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon and Sheba, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while New Face In The Mirror by Yael Dayan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shotgun Slade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1959 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Bob Inglis: Politician.
- Abigail Kingsley Alling: NYC, New York -- Executive (Biosphere 2).
- Anna Escobedo Cabral: 42nd Treasurer of the United States.
- Anna Cabral: American lawyer and politician 42nd Treasurer of the United States.
- Arnoldt Bronnen: Writer, dies at 63.
- At the national congress of APRA in Peru a group of leftist radicals are expelled from the party. They will later form APRA Rebelde.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Top #10 R&B songs
- Phil Phillips With The Twilights - Sea Of Love
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Bo Diddley - Say Man
- Santo & Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Nina Simone - I Loves You, Porgy
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Dee Clark - Hey Little Girl
- What'd I Say (Part I & II) - Ray Charles and his Orchestra
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Jackie Wilson - You Better Know It
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?