Wednesday 14 October 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joël Giraud and Bérengère Poletti.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon and Sheba, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shotgun Slade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1959 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Joël Giraud
- Bérengère Poletti
- AJ Pero in Staten Island: New York, USA; drummer (Twisted Sister - "We're Not Gonna Take It").
- AJ Pero: American drummer (Twisted Sister).
- Marie Osmond: Musician.
- A Pero: American drummer (Twisted Sister and Adrenaline Mob) (d. 2015).
- Cannelle : French model, TV presenter and singer, known in Italy in the 1980s thanks to the advertisement for the Morositas brand of confectionary.
- A J Pero: Staten Island, New York -- Drummer (Twisted Sister-Not Gonna Take It).
- Errol Flynn: Australian-American actor.
- WMUB (now WPTO) TV channel 14 in Oxford, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Top #10 R&B songs
- Phil Phillips With The Twilights - Sea Of Love
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Bo Diddley - Say Man
- Santo & Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Nina Simone - I Loves You, Porgy
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Dee Clark - Hey Little Girl
- What'd I Say (Part I & II) - Ray Charles and his Orchestra
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Jackie Wilson - You Better Know It
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?