Thursday 15 October 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Magaret Fergusson [Fergie] and Emeril Lagasse.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
A Summer Place, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Detectives.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1959 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sarah Magaret Fergusson [Fergie]: London, England -- Duchess of York.
- Emeril Lagasse: American chef once called "the gastronomical equivalent of Elvis," one of the most popular (and hammy) cooks to become an actor on his own TV culinary shows, "Emeril Live" and "Essence of Emeril.
- Duchess of York Sarah: British noted family, the younger of two daughters of Major Ronald Ferguson, a polo-playing pal of Prince Philip, and Susan Barrantes, who was divorced and remarried to an Argentine polo player.
- Sarah Ferguson: Royalty.
- Sarah : Duchess of York.
- Alex Paterson: English keyboard player (The Orb and Transit Kings)
- Todd Solondz: American actor director and screenwriter
- Lipot Fejer: Hungarian mathematician (Born 1880).
- Untouchables premieres
- KNDO TV channel 23 in Yakima, WA (NBC) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 October 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?