Thursday 15 October 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 15, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Ferguson and Emeril Lagasse.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin.
In UK Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon and Sheba, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Art Of Llewellyn Jones by Paul Hyde Bonner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shotgun Slade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1959!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1959 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sarah Ferguson: Royalty.
- Emeril Lagasse: American chef once called "the gastronomical equivalent of Elvis," one of the most popular (and hammy) cooks to become an actor on his own TV culinary shows, "Emeril Live" and "Essence of Emeril.
- Todd Solondz: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Sarah Magaret Fergusson [Fergie]: London, England -- Duchess of York.
- Alex Paterson: English keyboard player (The Orb and Transit Kings).
- Duchess of York Sarah: British noted family, the younger of two daughters of Major Ronald Ferguson, a polo-playing pal of Prince Philip, and Susan Barrantes, who was divorced and remarried to an Argentine polo player.
- Sarah : Duchess of York.
- Lipot Fejer: Hungarian mathematician (Born 1880).
- Untouchables premieres
- KNDO TV channel 23 in Yakima, WA (NBC) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
- The Fleetwoods - Mr. Blue
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Sandy Nelson - Teen Beat
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Frankie Avalon - Just Ask Your Heart
- Andy Williams - Lonely Street
Top #10 R&B songs
- Phil Phillips With The Twilights - Sea Of Love
- The Coasters - Poison Ivy
- Bo Diddley - Say Man
- Santo & Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Nina Simone - I Loves You, Porgy
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- Dee Clark - Hey Little Girl
- What'd I Say (Part I & II) - Ray Charles and his Orchestra
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Jackie Wilson - You Better Know It
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?