Monday 13 May 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 13, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Iwan Rheon and Jaroslav Halák.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Fletch, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Queenie by Michael Korda was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gyroscope or Hang-On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 May 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1985 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Iwan Rheon: Welsh stage/television actor and singer.
- Jaroslav Halák: Slovak ice hockey player.
- Travis Zajac: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Jaroslav Halak: Slovak hockey player.
- Chelsea Briggs: YouTube Star.
- Javier Balboa: Spanish-Equatoguinean footballer.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Mayor Wilson Goode orders police to storm the radical group MOVE's headquarters to end a stand-off. The police drop an explosive device into the headquarters, killing 11 MOVE members and destroying the homes of 61 city residents in the resulting fire.
- Laura Elena Martinez-Herring, age 21 of Texas, crowned 34th Miss USA.
- Carlton Fisk becomes the 5th catcher to steal 100 bases.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Debarge - Rhythm Of the Night
- Klymaxx - Meeting In The Ladies Room
- The Gap Band - I Found My Baby
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?