Friday 24 May 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Giannis Kondoes and Tim Bridgman.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Everything She Wants (Remix) by Wham!.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Fletch, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Thinner by Richard Bachman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Henderson Kids.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dig Dug II or Talisman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1985 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Giannis Kondoes: Greek footballer.
- Tim Bridgman: English race car driver.
- Moon Ribas: Catalan choreographer and dancer.
- View to a Kill premieres in US
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 May 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Billy Ocean - Suddenly
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?