Sunday 12 May 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lika Roman and Johann Bihr.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Crazy For You by Madonna.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Re-Animator, directed by Stuart Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while No More Vietnams by Richard Nixon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Monty is Innocent or The Legend of Kage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1985 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Lika Roman
- Johann Bihr: French journalist, head of Reporters Without Borders Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Vinny Vinesauce: YouTube Star.
- Tally Hall: American footballer.
- Andrew Howe: Italian long jumper and sprinter.
- Amy Eilberg is ordained in New York as 1st woman Conservative rabbi
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA United Virginia Bank Golf Classic.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Animotion - Obsession
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Top #10 R&B songs
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Debarge - Rhythm Of the Night
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- New Edition - Lost In Love
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- The Gap Band - I Found My Baby
- Klymaxx - Meeting In The Ladies Room
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?